PLEASE NOTE that applications cannot be transferred from one term to another. Acceptance into one program does not automatically guarantee your acceptance in another program term.
Before Deciding to Withdraw
Before submitting your withdrawal, we highly recommend speaking with at least one of the following:
- your program's faculty director or exchange manager
- your undergraduate dean/advisor
- a staff member at the Guarini Institute
- a student alumni mentor
For questions about withdrawing, please contact the Guarini Institute at Guarini.Institute@Dartmouth.edu or call 603-646-1202.
Procedure for Committed Students
- Students committed to a program and wish to withdraw must complete the Off-Campus Programs: Withdrawal Request Form within the post-decision items of their program application.
- Students will not be withdrawn from the program until their status changes. Students will receive a status notification from the Guarini Institute once the withdrawal is complete.
- Once the Guarini Institute receives the completed form from a committed student, a staff member will notify the student, the Registrar, the student's dean, and the faculty director/exchange manager to withdraw them from the program formally.
- If before the term's withdrawal deadline (see Dates and Deadlines), the committed student will be withdrawn without penalty. However, if the term's withdrawal deadline has passed (see Dates and Deadlines), committed students will be charged an additional $500 late withdrawal fee which will be added to their student account.
Procedure for Waitlisted Students
- Students who are waitlisted to a program and wish to withdraw must contact the Guarini Institute at Guarini.Institute@Dartmouth.edu or call 603-646-1202 with the reason for withdrawal.
- Students will not be withdrawn from the program until their status changes. Once the withdrawal is complete, students will receive a status notification from the application system, TerraDotta.
- Waitlisted students may withdraw from a program at any point without penalty.